Tuesday 29 December 2015

DVLA Paperwork


DVLA Paperwork...

Here is what the DVLA say you need..

Documents needed to register a vehicle 

  • Application for a first tax disc and registration of a used motor vehicle’ (V55/5) or ‘Application for a first tax disc and registration of a new motor vehicle’ (V55/4) (for new kit built vehicles - Chris helped me complete the V55/4 form but most informations comes off the IVA certificate.
  • Vehicle tax (where appropriate) - I sent a postal order for £145.
  • Form ‘Built up Vehicle Inspection Report’ (V627/1) - Chris helped me complete this.
  • IVA/SVA/MSVA certificate (if required) - IVA certificate sent.
  • MoT certificate (if required) - NOT REQUIRED
  • Insurance certificate - I sent a copy of my insurance certificate which included the VIN number, only has 8 weeks cover.. hope thats enough
  • Certificate of Newness (kit cars) - Chris helped me with this
  • Registration Fee (if required) - I sent a postal order for £55.
  • Receipts - Chris provided me with loads of invoices
  • Documentation confirming your name and address - I sent copies of photorcard and paperpart
  • Registration Certificate (V5C) (if a donor vehicle is used) - NOT REQUIRED

To help anyone reading this.. 

You need to order some forms from here... https://www.gov.uk/dvlaforms

V55/4 Application for first vehicle tax and registration of a new motor vehicle
V355/4 Application guide to filling in a V55/4

Info Doc
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/168405/response/409901/attach/2/inf26%201.pdf

Info Page.
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/new-registrations




Got the paperwork off today..

Below is what I sent off..

V55/4 Form
Two postal Orders - £55 Fee / £145 Tax
Proof of Address - Copy of drivers license - photocard and counterpart & Utility Bill.
Build up report
Certificate of newest
Receipts and photos of the build.
Insurance certificate showing the chassis number.
I included a self address special delivery bag

Photocopy of everything.

Sent special delivery.

4-5 weeks ticking down!







No comments:

Post a Comment