Friday 11 December 2015

Even More Handbrake..


Well had it apart again..

Couldn't fine out what had given way, think the cable had slipped through the bolt where I had not tightened it enough.

I'd ordered some new handbrake cables as where I had undone and done them up loads of times they were in poor condition.

I fitted the new cables and tightened everything up..


On tightening the cable nice and tight the bolt gave way.  The high tensile bolts are very strong but I believe they are more brittle so less likely to bend.


I drilled another bolt, this time thicker but a lesser strength. 

This time I didn't go crazy on tightening the bolts. I fitted a couple of additional bolts after the support to hold the cable. 



Started to put it back together, it does feel stronger just hoping it does not give way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment