Thursday 24 December 2015

IVA PASS....


Had my retest today.. Xmas Eve..

The weather forecast was terrible but nothing I am not used to. Seems every time I drive the car is seems to rain.


Really didn't want to get cold and wet so decide to treat myself to a rain suit.  It was good value but unfortunately has an strange logo..  ;)   Oh and I look bloody stupid outside of the car in it.


My appointment was at 8am as normal so had to leave just before 7 to make it on time.  All suited up it didn't rain and we got their on time. The warmer weather was welcome also. 





 Straight onto the rollers, I needed 81kg's of force or above to get 18% efficiency. I was only getting 50-60kgs of force due to the cold and the pads not biting.

I was given the change to go outside and warm up the pads. I did this by driving around with the handbrake on for a few laps of the car park.

Back inside on the rollers straight away the readings jumped up to well over 100 kgs. The examiner wasn't happy and said it wasn't right even through it did get the required reading. He told me to wait outside with the car and he'd be back in a short while.


My Pal Adam came for the trip..  He was a little tired after a long night shift. I sat in his car wondering if I was going to get a pass or another fail.



The examiner came out with my PASS certificate. Very pleased to say the least!  Really chuffed the IVA experience is over.




Great Christmas present for me..  Now time for Xmas and to enjoy some Turkey... 




No comments:

Post a Comment