Saturday 12 December 2015

Think I am ready for a retest


Today I wanted to get the handbrake tested at a local MOT centre.

All back together and ready for a trip out.




All tested..  Only took a few minutes and I wasn't charged which was good.

For my IVA I need 18% efficiency, so about 85 kgs of force for my car of 475kgs. To I got 40kgs on the drivers side which was worse then the 60-65kgs I got on IVA day. The passenger side I managed just over 100kgs of force.

So a good results, just need to balance out the braking balance.


Pulled over ready to hit the road again.











Proper dirty, it pains me to see seats and harnesses this dirty.


All clean and tucked away.



I wanted to measure the force of the handbrake at home. I decided to do this with a torque wrench on the hub nut. With the handbrake applied I started off with a low Nm on my large torque wrench and kept increasing the Nm until the brake gave way and allowed the disc to turn.

The passenger side would hold up to 120 Nm of torque, at 130 Nm of torque the handbrake gives away and allows the disc to rotate.

The drivers side only managed about 50 Nm so this needed alot of work to match the other side.

I adjusted the balance and managed to get both sides up to a good 120 Nm.



All ready for an IVA retest. Will book up next week!






No comments:

Post a Comment